Various About Thoroughbred Breeding
Thoroughbred breeding is a world on its own. All turf battles aside, it's been over two hundred years of the pure breed, and we still can't tell what makes a great sire. There are many stallions that would prove you wrong on pedigree, and many others were poor racers. Conformation or strong family isn't the answer either, not to mention it's equally unpredictable with dams. But when you leave these minor mysteries behind you, you'll get to much bigger things. Into the world of sirelines, and into the unbelievable net of threads, which creates every thoroughbred.
We seem to know everything about sirelines, but there's so much information lost in the maternal sides of pedigrees. And also with the time, because nowadays, who's interested in the pedigrees from the end of the 19th century? But the fact is that history is repeating itself. As old titans like St. Simon are gone, new ones are being born in front of our eyes - like Galileo or Tapit, to say the least. New branches of sirelines are coming into existence, while others and old ones die out - without much of a notice and care of the whole world, which is excited by the greats. One thing we can be sure of, is that these things will go on long after us.
For those interested in thoroughbred history, this should be the right place.
- Thoroughbred sirelines: general overview with damsires' lines or in basic form
- Complete schemes of all three modern sirelines of Byerley Turk, Darley Arabian and Godolphin Barb, major historic branches included.
- Origins of the breed: Darley Arabian line, from 1700 to 1850
- Description of the first years, major historic branches and the main successors; complete scheme of the early sireline with influence on the maternal side of pedigrees included.
- II. part: Vedette - Sundridge, St. Simon
- King Fergus's only successor Vedette, and his sireline leading to Sundrige and St. Simon.This part contains only the full graphic scheme so far.
- III. part: Bonnie Scotland
- The first of major successors of Pot-8-Os, Bonnie Scotland and his American line leading to Broomstick, Sweep or Eternal.This part contains only the full graphic scheme so far.
- IV. part: Eclipse II
- The second American line, from Eclipse II to Domino, Peter Pan, Black Toney, Blue Larkspur, Balladier, Penant, Colin, Ultimus, Plaudit etc.This part contains only the full graphic scheme so far.
Graphic Timelines of Sirelines
- Brief introduction
- Short explanation of the main idea and several aspects of this work.
- according to sireline
- Bonnie Scotland: 1857 - 1980s
- Graphic timeline of major stallions of Bonnie Scotland's line
- Eclipse II: 1874 - 1990s
- Graphic timeline of major stallions of Eclipse II's line
- Teddy - United States: 1926 - 2010s
- Graphic timeline of major stallions of Teddy's line - the U.S. part of the line: Sir Gallahad, Bull Dog, Sun Teddy etc.
- Nasrullah - COMPLETE: 1944 - 2010s
- Graphic timeline of major stallions of Nasrullah's line worldwide - Europe, North and South America, Australia + New Zealand, Japan.
- Nasrullah - United States: 1951 - 2010s
- Graphic timeline of major stallions of Nasrullah's line - the U.S. part of the line: Bold Ruler, Never Bend, Caro, Blushing Groom, Seattle Slew
- Nasrullah - Europe: 1944 - 2010s
- The European part of the line, including Princely Gift, Mill Reef, Kalamoun
- Nasrullah - branches
- Graphic timelines of particular branches of Nasrullah's line
- Ribot - COMPLETE: 1957 - 2010s
- Graphic timeline of major stallions of Ribot's line worldwide - Europe, North and South America, Australia + New Zealand, Japan.
- Ribot - United States: 1961 - 2010s
- Graphic timeline of major stallions of Ribot's line in the United States: Ribot, Graustark, Tom Rolfe, Arts And Letters, His Majesty, Key to the Mint, Alleged etc.
- Ribot - Europe: 1957 - 2000s
- Graphic timeline of major stallions of Ribot's line in Europe: Molvedo, Ragusa, Run the Gantlet, Law Society
- according to country
- United States
- Comparison of sirelines. Completed: Bonnie Scotland, Domino, Teddy, Nasrullah and Ribot
- Comparison of sirelines. Completed: Nasrullah, Ribot
- Profiles of stallions: Shian Mor, Partoholon
- Timelines of Japanese stallions
- Graphic timelines of stallions, who spent the whole career, or its part, in Japan.
- Japanese broodmares
- Short profiles of broodmares exported to Japan, sorted by the year of their export.
- New Zealand
- Profiles of stallions: Equator, Star Kingdom
- Thoroughbred bloodlines of G1 winners in 2017 / smaller screens version (900px or less)
- - full list and statistics